This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Allow DW_OP_GNU_uninit in dwarf_expr_require_composition
- From: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>
- To: Andreas Arnez <arnez at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2016 11:36:41 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Allow DW_OP_GNU_uninit in dwarf_expr_require_composition
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
>>>>> "Andreas" == Andreas Arnez <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Andreas> This patch allows DW_OP_GNU_uninit after all operators
Andreas> requiring a composition, to simplify the code and make it more
Andreas> consistent. This policy may be more permissive than necessary,
Andreas> but in the worst case just leads to a DWARF location
Andreas> description resulting in an uninitialized value instead of an
Andreas> error message.
I think it would be best to allow DW_OP_GNU_uninit to terminate any
piece, rather than require it to be at the end of the expression. This
seems compatible and clearly more consistent with other DWARF
That is, assuming DW_OP_GNU_uninit is useful at all.
Another option would be to deprecate it.