This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
About PR gdb/20604 - fix "quit" when an invalid expression is used
- From: CharSyam <charsyam at gmail dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2016 23:31:48 +0900
- Subject: About PR gdb/20604 - fix "quit" when an invalid expression is used
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I also had this problem. I should have checked this thread.
I also think this pr is really good.
but It can change the usage of quit.
I researched this problem also.
so I think it is because "undo_terminal_modifications_before_exit()" is called
so It doesn't recover. so after that terminal state is not normal.
so, I just moved undo_terminal_modifications_before_exit() after parse_and_eval
even though, parse_and_eval throw exceptions. it is safe.