This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA 00/22] More C++-ification
- From: Simon Marchi <simon dot marchi at polymtl dot ca>
- To: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2016 09:57:41 -0400
- Subject: Re: [RFA 00/22] More C++-ification
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 2016-09-27 00:08, Tom Tromey wrote:
This patch series converts more random parts of gdb to C++.
Some of these patches get rid of cleanups, or convert them to RAII.
In a couple of cases, after removing cleanups I went further and
converted a given class more fully to C++. There's also one random
patch to convert an iterator to a C++ class using RAII.
I didn't touch any spot where the cleanup removal would have benefited
from unique_ptr; Pedro has a branch with the needed bits there, and I
wanted to avoid conflicts with his work.
This was built and regtested on x86-64 Fedora 24.
I've appended the differences between the baseline run and the run
with this series in place. I don't know whether these represent real
regressions or are just intermittent test failures; particularly
because the missing tests are either FAIL or KFAIL.
Hi Tom and others,
Is anybody working on converting the ui_out infrastructure to nice C++
objects yet? I'd like to get started on it, but was wondering if
anybody had already started, and if we could avoid duplicate work.