This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] stack: fix gdb.dwarf2/dw2-undefined-ret-addr.exp regression
- From: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- To: "Metzger, Markus T" <markus dot t dot metzger at intel dot com>
- Cc: "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>, "palves at redhat dot com" <palves at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2016 13:21:00 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] stack: fix gdb.dwarf2/dw2-undefined-ret-addr.exp regression
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <A78C989F6D9628469189715575E55B233FFE33BF@IRSMSX104.ger.corp.intel.com>
On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 12:03 PM, Metzger, Markus T
> As to whether the callers of frame_unwind_caller_id need to expect an exception,
> I can't say for sure but I don't think it likely. There are a few such checks in GDB
> already and none of them seems to expect an exception.
I suspect it may happen when we collect part of the stack in tracepoint,
switch to read data from traceframes, and do unwinding. Something on
stack may be unavailable for building frame_id.
To be clear, your patch is OK to go in. Please push it into master and
7.12. Thanks for your patience on keeping pinging this patch, and
sorry the delayed review.