This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA 06/22] Introduce scoped_minimal_symbol_reader
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2016 02:09:57 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFA 06/22] Introduce scoped_minimal_symbol_reader
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 09/27/2016 05:08 AM, Tom Tromey wrote:
> -/* Prepare to start collecting minimal symbols. This should be called
> - by a symbol reader to initialize the minimal symbol module.
> - Currently, minimal symbol table creation is not reentrant; it
> - relies on global (static) variables in minsyms.c. */
> +// An RAII-based object that is used to record minimal symbols while
> +// they are being read.
GCC eschews using // comments, to avoid ending up with a mixbag of
styles. Maybe we should follow suit?
> +class scoped_minimal_symbol_reader
Seems like this is growing to be _the_ reader in following patches?
I'm wondering whether the "scoped_" prefix will make sense going