This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH V4 2/6] Fortran: Resolve dynamic properties of pointer types.
- From: Bernhard Heckel <bernhard dot heckel at intel dot com>
- To: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>, "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2016 12:07:31 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH V4 2/6] Fortran: Resolve dynamic properties of pointer types.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <CAH=s-PP_n+oUKvAm=B0GKaAk38fR_k6x3+-obyRXLTioJqz1uw@mail.gmail.com>
On 05/10/2016 11:35, Yao Qi wrote:
On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 9:44 AM, Yao Qi <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
Bernhard Heckel <email@example.com> writes:
2016-07-08 Bernhard Heckel <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* gdbtypes.c (resolve_dynamic_types_internal): Resolve pointer types.
This line doesn't match the change, which is in is_dynamic_type_internal.
Otherwise, patch is good to me.
Do we already have a test case which has a Fortran pointer which has
a dynamic associated property? If no, we need to add one.
Yes, we have a testcase already.
vla-ptype.exp + vla.f90
This testcase was already passing as gfortran describes a pointer to an
array as an array + associated property.
For Ifort, a pointer in the program is still a pointer type in the debug
Patch 3/6 resolves dynamic target type of a pointer, a pointer points
to a dynamic type, but what does this patch do?
The patch only resolves the "associated property" of a pointer.
According to Joel review (some time ago), I only resolve target types of
pointer when we actually have to (see following patches in this series).
I wanted to keep this patch separate from resolving dynamic target
types, as this patch is independent from those but not vice verse.
Intel Deutschland GmbH
Registered Address: Am Campeon 10-12, 85579 Neubiberg, Germany
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Christian Lamprechter
Chairperson of the Supervisory Board: Nicole Lau
Registered Office: Munich
Commercial Register: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 186928