This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch] fix OverflowError in backtraces with 32bit kernels
- From: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Matthias Klose <doko at ubuntu dot com>, "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>, Sebastien Bacher <seb128 at ubuntu dot com>, Julian Taylor <jtaylor dot debian at googlemail dot com>
- Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2016 17:16:31 +0100
- Subject: Re: [patch] fix OverflowError in backtraces with 32bit kernels
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56C8A021.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 3:24 PM, Pedro Alves <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 02/20/2016 05:19 PM, Matthias Klose wrote:
>> This was reported at
>> That's using i386, using "backtrace" gives those errors
>> "Traceback (most recent call last):
>> File "/usr/share/gdb/python/gdb/FrameDecorator.py", line 97, in function
>> if not isinstance(self._base, gdb.Frame):
>> SystemError: <built-in function isinstance> returned a result with an
>> error set
>> #1 0xffffffff in OverflowError: Python int too large to convert to C long"
>> and a patch was suggested by Julian Taylor, which applies to the trunk
>> as well.
> Looks like this was never reviewed, sorry about that.
> Looks good to me. OK with a ChangeLog entry.
We need this fix in 7.12 branch too.