This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Disallow 3-operand cmp[l][i] for ppc64
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 06:51:35 +0930
- Subject: Re: Disallow 3-operand cmp[l][i] for ppc64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160929060240.GD4877@bubble.grove.modra.org> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 03:34:40PM -0500, Peter Bergner wrote:
> On 9/29/16 1:02 AM, Alan Modra wrote:
> > cmp[l][o] get an optional L field only when generating 32-bit code.
> > dcbf, tlbie and tlbiel keep their optional L field, ditto for R field
> > of tbegin. cmprb, tsr., wlcr[all] and mtsle all change to a
> > compulsory L field.
> FYI, I just committed the following as obvious to clean up the gdb
> testsuite fallout from this change.
Australia Development Lab, IBM