This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] gdb: Replace operator new / operator new
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>, "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 12:36:12 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] gdb: Replace operator new / operator new
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAH=s-PP0NaFO+EsZEEnoGpKMQJc03i1MR9ATaoLuKKZz0Gw0JA@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <CAH=s-PNoCqScXAhZ+t44ybgvE1ZkHZV1OPk6Hi19Muz78kEmQg@mail.gmail.com>
> To be clear, I didn't suggest renaming all .c files to .cc files. In case
> that we add a new file, I wonder we may name it .cc.
> If mixed .c and .cc is confusing, I am fine with cpp files with .c suffix.
I think it's best to stay with .c for practical reasons. Otherwise,
the massive rename is going to create one "interesting" challenge
for everyone who's maintaining a set a patches they haven't/couldn't
contribute... Since the benefit is fairly minimal, it doesn't seem
to justify the cost, IMO.