This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: GDB 7.12 release - 2016-09-21 update?
- From: Simon Marchi <simon dot marchi at polymtl dot ca>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, t at adacore dot com, donb at codesourcery dot com, Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>, Yao Qi <yao dot qi at arm dot com>, antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com
- Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 13:46:08 -0400
- Subject: Re: GDB 7.12 release - 2016-09-21 update?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160921171639.GB3842@adacore.com>
On 2016-09-21 13:16, Joel Brobecker wrote:
Sorry for being radio-silent the last few weeks. It's been a
of a crazy traveling schedule, and that thing we call "work"...
Anyways, I reviewed the list of PRs marked as targetting 7.12,
as well as the items listed in our 7.12 release page
It looks like we may have a ways to go before being able to release.
Here are my thoughts on each of them. What do you guys think?
Thanks for doing this, tell us if you need any help for anything.
PR 20487: Thread sync broken between mi and cli with new-ui command
Assigned to: Antoine Tremblay
Status: Fix in progress
Not sure if this is really blocking for 7.12 either as it
relates to a new feature. But since we seem to be close to
a resolution, and this makes the new feature more usable,
perhaps we can try to have it in 7.12. Otherwise, perhaps
release 7.12 with this limitation in the release notes,
and fix it for 7.12.1???
I took over this one. As you said, since it's not a regression, it's
not critical. But as there are still other issues to be solved before
the release, I'll continue to aim to have it in 7.12. If it happened to
be the last remaining open issue, it should certainly not block the