This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] gdb: Use std::max and std::min throughout
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 16:23:04 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] gdb: Use std::max and std::min throughout
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160919145640.AFC84100083@oc8523832656.ibm.com>
On 09/19/2016 03:56 PM, Ulrich Weigand wrote:
> Pedro Alves wrote:
>> I tried a --disable-nls with both gcc 5.1 and 4.7 here, and it
>> doesn't trigger this. I can't seem to find the libintl.h inclusion
>> you're seeing. Sounds like that was changed at some point.
> Yes, it looks like these days the C++ headers include a lot fewer
> of the base C headers (fixing namespace pollution, maybe?).
Yeah, I assume so.
>> Alternatively, simply remove the troublesome *gettext and *textdomain
>> macros, leaving only the _ and N_ ones. I can't seem to find any
>> directly reference to gettext in the tree. The textdomain calls
>> in main.c would need to be wrapped in #ifdef ENABLE_NLS, but
>> likes like that is all.
> This would also work, and seems the cleanest solution.
OK, I'm testing a patch.