This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] gdb: Use std::max and std::min throughout
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: palves at redhat dot com (Pedro Alves)
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 16:56:40 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] gdb: Use std::max and std::min throughout
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Pedro Alves wrote:
> I tried a --disable-nls with both gcc 5.1 and 4.7 here, and it
> doesn't trigger this. I can't seem to find the libintl.h inclusion
> you're seeing. Sounds like that was changed at some point.
Yes, it looks like these days the C++ headers include a lot fewer
of the base C headers (fixing namespace pollution, maybe?).
> How about always including libintl.h, even when ENABLE_NLS:
> #ifdef HAVE_LIBINTL_H
> # include <libintl.h>
It looks like this would fix the problem for me.
> Alternatively, simply remove the troublesome *gettext and *textdomain
> macros, leaving only the _ and N_ ones. I can't seem to find any
> directly reference to gettext in the tree. The textdomain calls
> in main.c would need to be wrapped in #ifdef ENABLE_NLS, but
> likes like that is all.
This would also work, and seems the cleanest solution.
> Seems like gas/asintl.h handles this in yet another way .
> That one seems too much of a hack to me, though.
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU/Linux compilers and toolchain