This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] Small improvements to the remote protocol manual
- From: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>
- To: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>, "gdb-patches\@sourceware.org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 10:14:37 -0600
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Small improvements to the remote protocol manual
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <CAH=s-PPSPruEcS7xuXyrB6259WBG39prLFJrWCMopePj4vqE3w@mail.gmail.com>
>>>>> "Yao" == Yao Qi <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Yao> Nowadays, we still can't pass arguments in remote debugging. If "A" still
Yao> meets our needs, we can use it in the future to pass arguments.
I didn't understand the current documentation for the "A" packet. If
someone can explain it, I'd be happy to write it up.
However - I think vRun supports arguments. See extended_remote_run.
So maybe "A" isn't needed at all.