This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 0/6] S390: Watchpoint enhancements and hardware breakpoints
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Andreas Arnez <arnez at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 15:11:02 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/6] S390: Watchpoint enhancements and hardware breakpoints
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 09/15/2016 12:52 PM, Andreas Arnez wrote:
> This series adds some enhancements to the current s390-linux native
> support for watchpoints. It also adds hardware breakpoint support.
> While this is mostly an s390-specific series, it includes one
> common-code patch: patch #5, "linux-nat: Add function lwp_is_stepping".
> I'm looking for feedback on that. Comments to the s390-specific patches
> are certainly welcome as well.
I'm curious on the need to disable hw breakpoints when single-stepping.
It's of course more efficient if we manage to disable the breakpoint just
for the thread that is stepping, without disturbing other threads, but
OTOH, infrun's handling of stepping over breakpoints should already be
making sure that threads can step past breakpoints somehow? I.e.,
without displaced stepping, infrun should be removing breakpoints from
all threads, and with displaced stepping, we'll be stepping the thread
at a different PC so the hardware breakpoint at the original PC should