This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] Small improvements to the remote protocol manual
- From: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 16:58:27 -0600
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Small improvements to the remote protocol manual
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>>>> "Tom" == Tom Tromey <email@example.com> writes:
Tom> I was reading the gdb RSP manual recently and I found a number of
Tom> small problems in the documentation. This patch attempts to improve
Tom> these areas.
Also, I forgot to note here that I didn't understand the documentation
for the "A" packet; but when I looked at the code I couldn't find it in
either gdb or gdbserver. So, I wonder if it ought to be deleted.
Another oddity I noticed is that it's unclear what a client ought to do
if a stub sends a notification that it doesn't understand. The ACK for
a notification depends on the contents (which implies that they've been
understood), and there doesn't seem to be a general notification NAK. I
think this might be a useful addition.