This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Restored Objective-C language support
- From: Giah de Barag <gdb at crelg dot com>
- To: Roland Schwingel <roland dot schwingel at onevision dot de>
- Cc: GDB Patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 03:25:03 -0400
- Subject: Re: Restored Objective-C language support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
> From: Roland Schwingel <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Date: September 14, 2016 at 02:09:21 EDT
> Hi Giah!
> This is great news! I noticed that recently that it was broken but yet had no time to evaluate this!
> Thanks for your work and I honestly hope this could get merged very soon!
You are very welcome. GDB is quick and easy to build (and very easy to use to debug itself). You could apply these patches to the source, make install, and have yourself a better GDB right away. If you need exact recipe, let me know.
> We use ObjC a lot (even on windows and linux) and therefor need GDB for debugging.
Yes, same here. We were happily working on an older GDB and were shocked to find these bugs when we refreshed our software. I am wondering if there is a GDB language maintainer for objective-c.
> Thanks again,