This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix for gdb.server/non-existing-program.exp test case
- From: "Carl E. Love" <cel at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Andreas Arnez <arnez at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Edjunior Barbosa Machado <emachado at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, Ulrich Weigand <Ulrich dot Weigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 10:09:48 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix for gdb.server/non-existing-program.exp test case
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160913153701.960F411C2B7@oc8523832656.ibm.com>
On Tue, 2016-09-13 at 17:37 +0200, Ulrich Weigand wrote:
> Carl Love wrote:
> > I fixed up the comment per your suggestion. Not sure what happened with
> > the formatting. See if this looks better.
> > + /* The last_status.kind was set by the call to ptrace(PTRACE_TRACEME, ...).
> > + The function linux_wait() has also been called. At this point, the
> > + target process, if it exits, is stopped. Do not call the function
> > + target_post_create_inferior if the process has already exited, as the
> > + target implementation of the routine may rely on the process being live.
> > + */
> Formatting looks OK now, except that the trailing */ should not be on a
> separate line; see other multi-line comments how those should look like.
> However, the comment still mentions ptrace and linux_wait, which is also
> only true on Linux targets. I'd just leave that off.
> Patch is OK with that change.
Patch committed. Note, I updated the comment per requested. Note, I
realized I only did part of the requested update initially and then did
then removed the ptrace () comment. The patch didn't get updated with
the removal of the ptrace () comment. I had to do a second commit to
get the ptrace () comment fixed correctly. Sorry for the screw up.
Here are the two commits.