This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix for gdb.server/non-existing-program.exp test case
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: cel at us dot ibm dot com (Carl E. Love)
- Cc: arnez at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com (Andreas Arnez), gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, emachado at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com (Edjunior Barbosa Machado), Ulrich dot Weigand at de dot ibm dot com (Ulrich Weigand)
- Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 17:37:01 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix for gdb.server/non-existing-program.exp test case
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Carl Love wrote:
> I fixed up the comment per your suggestion. Not sure what happened with
> the formatting. See if this looks better.
> + /* The last_status.kind was set by the call to ptrace(PTRACE_TRACEME, ...).
> + The function linux_wait() has also been called. At this point, the
> + target process, if it exits, is stopped. Do not call the function
> + target_post_create_inferior if the process has already exited, as the
> + target implementation of the routine may rely on the process being live.
> + */
Formatting looks OK now, except that the trailing */ should not be on a
separate line; see other multi-line comments how those should look like.
However, the comment still mentions ptrace and linux_wait, which is also
only true on Linux targets. I'd just leave that off.
Patch is OK with that change.
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU/Linux compilers and toolchain