This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 1/2] arc: New Synopsys ARC port
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Anton Kolesov <Anton dot Kolesov at synopsys dot com>, "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: "Francois dot Bedard at synopsys dot com" <Francois dot Bedard at synopsys dot com>
- Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2016 19:56:44 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] arc: New Synopsys ARC port
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1472633399-32477-1-git-send-email-Anton.Kolesov@synopsys.com> <email@example.com> <39A54937CC95F24AA2F794E2D2B66B13581A07C7@DE02WEMBXB.internal.synopsys.com>
On 09/01/2016 08:54 PM, Anton Kolesov wrote:
>>> Since it is expected that 7.12 will be the last release that supports building
>>> GDB with C compiler (https://sourceware.org/ml/gdb/2016-05/msg00016.html),
>>> this patch contain some code that cannot be compiled with older GCC's default
>>> -std=gnu89 for C, in particular variables are declared at the first use,
>>> rather then at the top of the function.
>> This has not happened yet, and we still support building with a
>> C compiler. So this can't go in as is until that is resolved...
> Will be fixed.
Actually, this is now resolved:
So given this is all new code, there's no need to try to
make it build with a C compiler, if you haven't yet.
[I'll reply to the rest of your email later on.]