This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [testsuite patch] Fix gdb.gdb/selftest.exp for C++-O2-g-built GDB
- From: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- To: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 10:45:36 +0100
- Subject: Re: [testsuite patch] Fix gdb.gdb/selftest.exp for C++-O2-g-built GDB
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160716131402.GA2961@host1.jankratochvil.net> <CAH=s-POSoFS9p2+0nLh7TSeBALVzjehTt+jqsjuqDuSPPjAwFA@mail.gmail.com> <20160718081834.GA26110@host1.jankratochvil.net>
On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 9:18 AM, Jan Kratochvil
> On Mon, 18 Jul 2016 10:05:58 +0200, Yao Qi wrote:
>> I think my patch https://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2016-07/msg00157.html
>> can fix the fail too, but it is not checked in yet.
> It does not for me:
> FAIL: gdb.gdb/selftest.exp: run until breakpoint at captured_main
> WARNING: Couldn't test self
> FAIL: gdb.gdb/selftest.exp: unknown source line
> FAIL: gdb.gdb/selftest.exp: step into xmalloc call
OK, I think we still need to convert gdb.gdb/selftest.exp using proc
do_self_tests to simplify the code, and then, improve procs in
lib/selftest-support.exp to handle the fails when GDB is compiled with
optimization. What do you think? If you agree on this, I can commit
my patch above, and tweak lib/selftest-support.exp to fix your fails.