This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [testsuite patchv3] [ppc64] gdb_target_symbol fix for function descriptors [Re: [testsuite patch] [ppc64] +kfail: gdb_target
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com (Jan Kratochvil)
- Cc: qiyaoltc at gmail dot com (Yao Qi), gdb-patches at sourceware dot org (gdb-patches at sourceware dot org), kevinb at redhat dot com (Kevin Buettner)
- Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 13:51:49 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [testsuite patchv3] [ppc64] gdb_target_symbol fix for function descriptors [Re: [testsuite patch] [ppc64] +kfail: gdb_target
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 15:22:49 +0200, Ulrich Weigand wrote:
> > See e.g. dw2-unresolved-main.c:
> > asm (".globl cu_text_start");
> > asm ("cu_text_start:");
> I wrote those lines...
> I just did not want to patch multiple (3) testcases one after another just
> because one platform (ppc64).
Ah, I see :-)
> So I am providing this patch. On Fedora 24 x86_64 and RHEL-7.2 ppc64 it has
> no regressions for gdb.dwarf2/*.exp.
Right, this is even better. I hadn't even noticed this new library routine.
> OK for check-in?
> Kevin, I hope gdb_target_symbol is not needed in this case but I am not sure.
>From what I can see, it should indeed not be needed: the <func>_label symbols
are defined by assembler code directly, and therefore gdb_target_symbol does
not apply, while the compiler-defined symbols like <func> are only accessed
via GDB commands in function_range (and GDB should already do the right thing
w.r.t. symbol prefixes).
The patch is OK.
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU/Linux compilers and toolchain