This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA 2/6] Use ATTRIBUTE_UNUSED in some places
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 19:26:41 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFA 2/6] Use ATTRIBUTE_UNUSED in some places
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1465248812-23902-1-git-send-email-tom at tromey dot com> <1465248812-23902-3-git-send-email-tom at tromey dot com>
On 06/06/2016 10:33 PM, Tom Tromey wrote:
> A few spots needed ATTRIBUTE_UNUSED to cope with the new warnings.
> In the TUI this happens due to the odd way that "getyx" works -- it
> essentially uses references, so a variable must be passed in, even if
> the code doesn't need to use it.
I think we should use getcurx/getcury instead.
> The case in inflow.c is just a mass of ifdefs; and while the only use
> of "result" is guarded by "#if 0", I thought it simplest to leave it
> all in place.