This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 6/8] Add support for the Rust language
- From: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>
- Cc: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 13:52:21 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 6/8] Add support for the Rust language
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1461725371-17620-1-git-send-email-tom at tromey dot com> <1461725371-17620-7-git-send-email-tom at tromey dot com> <5720A5E4 dot 2020603 at redhat dot com> <87y47yc3ge dot fsf at tromey dot com>
>>> + /* Rust does not currently emit DW_LANG_Rust or DW_LANG_Rust_old.
Pedro> "Currently" is a moving target. Could you replace it with some
Pedro> version number or some such?
Tom> It turns out that the patch to drop DW_LANG_Rust didn't go in yet, since
Tom> it causes an assertion failure in LLVM. This will probably shake out
Tom> before the copyright assignments are done anyway.
I'm thinking I will just drop this hunk. Even if the patch does go in
soon, it will only be in nightly, and that's known not to work yet for
other reasons -- and since other changes might need to be done at some
point for nightly, we can always restore this producer sniffing stuff
later as well.