This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 6/8] Add support for the Rust language
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 19:36:41 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 6/8] Add support for the Rust language
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1461725371-17620-1-git-send-email-tom at tromey dot com> <1461725371-17620-7-git-send-email-tom at tromey dot com> <5720A5E4 dot 2020603 at redhat dot com> <87y47yc3ge dot fsf at tromey dot com>
On 04/27/2016 07:27 PM, Tom Tromey wrote:
>>> +static struct disr_info
>>> +rust_get_disr_info (struct type *type, const gdb_byte *valaddr,
> Pedro> Did you mean to name these discr_info and rust_get_discr_info ?
> Pedro> I mean, the missing 'c'.
> Manish wrote this part -- but not to blame him, this actually mirrors
> what is done in the Rust compiler. I don't know why that abbreviation
> was chosen by Rust. However, it is visible in the debuginfo, as enum
> discriminants can be named "RUST$ENUM$DISR".
Alright. I'm fine with whatever. It just looked odd to the