This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 4/8] Add self-test framework to gdb
- From: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 11:57:39 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/8] Add self-test framework to gdb
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1461725371-17620-1-git-send-email-tom at tromey dot com> <1461725371-17620-5-git-send-email-tom at tromey dot com> <5720A527 dot 2010609 at redhat dot com>
>> In development mode, test functions are registered with the self test
>> module. A test function is just a function that does some checks, and
>> aborts on failure. I chose this rather than something fancier because
>> I think any such failure will require debugging anyhow.
Pedro> IIUC, it'll internal error, not abort/crash directly, right?
Pedro> Could you include a NEWS change for "maintenance selftest" ?
I did this for v2.