This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 0/8] Break at each iteration for breakpoints placed on a while statement
- From: Kevin Buettner <kevinb at redhat dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 09:24:20 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/8] Break at each iteration for breakpoints placed on a while statement
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150818235334 dot 1afb0c85 at pinnacle dot lan> <86zit9nzac dot fsf at gmail dot com> <570FC5BB dot 6060103 at codesourcery dot com> <86zisvkrqg dot fsf at gmail dot com> <20160415124832 dot 62f1bf28 at pinnacle dot lan> <57116C66 dot 6050701 at redhat dot com>
On Fri, 15 Apr 2016 23:34:14 +0100
Pedro Alves <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 04/15/2016 08:48 PM, Kevin Buettner wrote:
> > If the compiler could arrange to set `is_stmt' to false for that
> > inital branch, we could more easily arrange for GDB to not place a
> > break on that initial branch. It might even "just work" without any
> > additional coding on our part.
> > One of my colleagues within Red Hat looked at this and came up with a
> > gcc patch, but it turned out to cause breakage elsewhere. I still
> > think it makes sense to try to tackle this problem from the compiler
> > side though.
> Was a gcc bug ever filed for this?
Not by me.
I'll do some checking; if there's not one, I'll file it.