This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 2/2] Replace address and aspace with thread in struct step_over_info
- From: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 14:54:54 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] Replace address and aspace with thread in struct step_over_info
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1460726961-27486-1-git-send-email-yao dot qi at linaro dot org> <1460726961-27486-3-git-send-email-yao dot qi at linaro dot org> <57160BDA dot 4090104 at redhat dot com>
Pedro Alves <email@example.com> writes:
> I think this is problematic.
> While a thread is being stepped past a breakpoint, it's possible that the
> user sets some other breakpoint, and then we end up in
> deciding whether we can insert that new breakpoint, while the step-over thread
> is running.
> As soon as the step-over thread is resumed for the actual step-over, it's
> regcache is flushed (target_resume -> registers_changed_ptid). From that point
> and until the thread stops again, trying to fetch its regcache will error out,
> because you can't read registers from a thread that is running.
OK, that is a good case. I didn't think of it. I withdraw the patch.