This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Don't show deprecated commands in help
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Simon Marchi <simon dot marchi at ericsson dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 12:30:09 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Don't show deprecated commands in help
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1459802898-18656-1-git-send-email-simon dot marchi at ericsson dot com>
On 04/04/2016 09:48 PM, Simon Marchi wrote:
> Just like completion doesn't show deprecated commands, I think that help
> should not list them, so that we don't incite users to use them.
> * cli/cli-decode.c (help_cmd_list): Do not list commands that
> are deprecated.
Seems fine to me.
This made me wonder about whether a "help deprecated" command would
be useful, so a user could clearly/quickly see which commands are
Also wonder whether we should do something to "apropos". I guess it
could/should go the same way as help, not sure. At least
"apropos deprecated" shows a few hits, but then again deprecated
commands was what I wanted to find.