This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 2/2] Involve gdbarch in taking DWARF register pieces
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>, Andreas Arnez <arnez at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Ulrich Weigand <Ulrich dot Weigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 19:37:01 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] Involve gdbarch in taking DWARF register pieces
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160415180943 dot 4FEE857EE at oc7340732750 dot ibm dot com>
Could we have some comment somewhere on what a "part" is?
This comment isn't very enlightening, IMHO:
+# Locate a part of size LEN within register *REGNUM, possibly overwriting
+# *REGNUM. Return the offset of the part within the (possibly adjusted)
+m:int:register_part:int len, int *regnum:len, regnum::default_register_part::0
Reading this in isolation I have no idea what it's for. I skimmed the patch
and didn't find any. Sorry if it's there and I missed it.