This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH v3 2/2] Test GDB connection to GDBserver with no symbol files
- From: Luis Machado <lgustavo at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 09:36:00 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 2/2] Test GDB connection to GDBserver with no symbol files
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1460562803-10817-1-git-send-email-lgustavo at codesourcery dot com> <1460562803-10817-3-git-send-email-lgustavo at codesourcery dot com> <86shynkluq dot fsf at gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: Luis Machado <lgustavo at codesourcery dot com>
On 04/15/2016 09:06 AM, Yao Qi wrote:
Luis Machado <email@example.com> writes:
This test exercises the scenarios where we attempt to connect GDB to GDBserver
in standard remote mode, query the symbol file path, attempt to open said
symbol file on GDB's end and fail, causing the connection to drop abruptly.
Regression-tested on x86-64/Ubuntu.
Did you see some fails in a real remote testing? I see some fails in my
cross/remote testing (x86_64 host and arm target),
Running /home/yao/SourceCode/gnu/gdb/git/gdb/testsuite/gdb.server/connect-with-no-symbol-file.exp ...
WARNING: Can`t communicate to remote target.
FAIL: gdb.server/connect-with-no-symbol-file.exp: sysroot=: action=delete: connection to GDBserver succeeded
FAIL: gdb.server/connect-with-no-symbol-file.exp: sysroot=target:: action=permission: connection to GDBserver succeeded
using remote-gdbserver-on-localhost can trigger some fails too,
$ make check RUNTESTFLAGS='--target_board=remote-gdbserver-on-localhost connect-with-no-symbol-file.exp'
Do you have a log of the failures or the reason why these fail? They
seem to be ssh/rsh related.