This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 0/8] Break at each iteration for breakpoints placed on a while statement
- From: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- To: Luis Machado <lgustavo at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>, <palves at redhat dot com>, Kevin Buettner <kevinb at redhat dot com>, <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 12:59:19 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/8] Break at each iteration for breakpoints placed on a while statement
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150818235334 dot 1afb0c85 at pinnacle dot lan> <86zit9nzac dot fsf at gmail dot com> <570FC5BB dot 6060103 at codesourcery dot com>
Luis Machado <email@example.com> writes:
> Thinking about the series, isn't this problem related to the compiler
> optimizing things and/or presenting an imprecise addr/line information
> as opposed to GDB doing the wrong thing.
I think the address/line information is correct, and compiler does
nothing wrong in this case. The first instruction of for loop is
branch/jmp, which is correctly mapped to the right line. GDB should
insert breakpoint at the place which can be hit in every iteration of
loop on that line, rather than the first instruction of the loop (or line).