This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 3/4] Fix detach.exp remote check
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Simon Marchi <simon dot marchi at polymtl dot ca>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 19:16:40 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/4] Fix detach.exp remote check
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1459912543-15328-1-git-send-email-simon dot marchi at polymtl dot ca> <1459912543-15328-3-git-send-email-simon dot marchi at polymtl dot ca>
On 04/06/2016 04:15 AM, Simon Marchi wrote:
> This test seems to work with both native-gdbserver and
> native-extended-gdbserver, so I removed the remote check.
> When running with native-gdbserver (a stub-like target), detach makes
> gdbserver stop and gdb disconnect. runto_main just spawns a brand new
> gdbserver. So it tests the exact same thing twice. It doesn't hurt
It's not exactly the same thing, as the second test runs with the same
gdb, so it exercises "run" or "target connect" after a previous
"detach", which can expose problems with stale state from the previous
connection. So also useful.
> * gdb.base/detach.exp: Remove is_remote check.