This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 6/7] Resume the inferior with signal rather than stepping over
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 16:29:31 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 6/7] Resume the inferior with signal rather than stepping over
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1458749384-19793-1-git-send-email-yao dot qi at linaro dot org> <1458749384-19793-7-git-send-email-yao dot qi at linaro dot org>
On 03/23/2016 04:09 PM, Yao Qi wrote:
> When GDBserver steps over a breakpoint using software single step, it
> enqueues the signal, single step and deliver the signal in the next
> resume if step over is not needed. In this way, the program won't
> receive the signal if the conditional breakpoint is set a branch to
> self instruction, because the step over is always needed.
> This patch removes the restriction that don't deliver the signal to
> the inferior if we are trying to reinsert a breakpoint for software
> single step and change the decision on resume vs. step-over when the
> LWP has pending signals to deliver.
> 2016-03-23 Yao Qi <email@example.com>
> * linux-low.c (LWP_SIGNAL_CAN_BE_DELIVERED): Adjust.
It's not longer a macro. :-)
> (need_step_over_p): Return zero if the LWP has pending signals
> can be delivered on software single step target.