This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] value: Make accessor methods' parameters const-correct
- From: Martin Galvan <martin dot galvan at tallertechnologies dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>, Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>
- Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 10:31:08 -0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] value: Make accessor methods' parameters const-correct
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1459974933-616-1-git-send-email-martin dot galvan at tallertechnologies dot com> <57059D83 dot 2010403 at redhat dot com>
On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 8:36 PM, Pedro Alves <email@example.com> wrote:
> Const on pointer parameters is certainly useful. But since you asked
> me [ :-) ], I'm on the "const on value params is mostly useless
> clutter" camp. It's something you don't see many style guides requiring,
> and it's something gdb hasn't been doing either.
> So personally I'd prefer a patch without those bits.
No problem, I'll remove them. Can I commit the patch after I do it, or
should I send in a v2 first?