This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH v4 00/11] [PR gdb/14441] Support C++0x rvalue references in gdb
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Artemiy Volkov <artemiyv at acm dot org>, Keith Seitz <keiths at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 19:23:29 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 00/11] [PR gdb/14441] Support C++0x rvalue references in gdb
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1457147955-21871-1-git-send-email-artemiyv at acm dot org> <1458593958-25656-1-git-send-email-artemiyv at acm dot org> <56FD89F7 dot 1020409 at redhat dot com> <20160402084706 dot GD7371 at gmail dot com>
On 04/02/2016 09:47 AM, Artemiy Volkov wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 01:35:03PM -0700, Keith Seitz wrote:
>> On 03/21/2016 01:59 PM, Artemiy Volkov wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> this is my fourth take on fixing gdb/14441 which deals with C++0x rvalue
>> There are two small nits (see replies in #8 and #9), otherwise, this
>> series looks ready for a final evaluation by a maintainer.
>> Since the nits are really minor, I recommend just replying [to my
>> messages] with corrections on those two specific patches instead of
>> reposting the entire series.
> Done and done. I hope that's OK that I didn't resend the description and
> changelog parts.
>> Thank you for your patch (and patience)!
> Same here about the patience part :)
Thanks you very much for this patch set, and big thanks to Keith
for the review.
I read the series and it looks pretty good to me. The only
thing I'm not sure about is the hardcoding of "-std=c++11"
in tests. GCC 6 switches to -std=gnu++14 by default, for instance,
and I wouldn't want the tests to not cover whatever the compiler
uses by default. Note also that that's -std=gnu++14, not the stricter
-std=c++14 mode. Could we make the testcases gracefully skip rvalue
reference bits using #if __cplusplus?
BTW, please fix up all comments and commit logs to mention C++11
instead of C++0x. :-)