This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch 3/3] add missing gdb_test arguments in paginate-bg-execution.exp
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Sandra Loosemore <sandra at codesourcery dot com>, gdb-patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 16:27:50 +0400
- Subject: Re: [patch 3/3] add missing gdb_test arguments in paginate-bg-execution.exp
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56745D29 dot 504 at codesourcery dot com> <5674636B dot 6090507 at codesourcery dot com> <56746F26 dot 1040903 at redhat dot com> <56749B6C dot 7000804 at codesourcery dot com> <5677E835 dot 4090603 at redhat dot com>
> If it wasn't supposed to be correct, then it'd be good to add
> an "error" call in gdb_test, to make it a hard error.
> But I think it is supposed to work. At least
> $ grep -rn "gdb_test " | grep -v "\".*\".*\"" | grep -v "\\\\"
> shows many (hundreds) of instances. With no explicit pattern,
> we end up just matching the prompt, ignoring whatever output
> precedes it.
Yes, I confirm it is supposed to work, or at least it's been
acknowledged to be that way for quite a while. The last time
we discussed it is when we created gdb_test_no_output.