This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch 3/3] add missing gdb_test arguments in paginate-bg-execution.exp
- From: Sandra Loosemore <sandra at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>, gdb-patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 16:49:00 -0700
- Subject: Re: [patch 3/3] add missing gdb_test arguments in paginate-bg-execution.exp
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56745D29 dot 504 at codesourcery dot com> <5674636B dot 6090507 at codesourcery dot com> <56746F26 dot 1040903 at redhat dot com>
On 12/18/2015 01:40 PM, Pedro Alves wrote:
On 12/18/2015 07:50 PM, Sandra Loosemore wrote:
This patch fixes a think-o in gdb.base/paginate-bg-execution.exp --
there are two calls to gdb_test with only a single argument. Looking at
the definition of this proc in lib/gdb.exp, the second argument (the
output pattern) is not supposed to be optional. For whatever reason, I
was only seeing failures on remote Windows host testing, but it must
have been an accident that it appeared to be working elsewhere.
I copied the breakpoint output pattern used elsewhere in the testsuite,
and confirmed this passes now. OK to commit?
Can you show the gdb.log of the failed run?
Hmmmm. I lost the original log, and now I cannot reproduce the failure.
I must be losing my marbles. :-(
Is it supposed to be correct to call gdb_test with only one argument?
If yes, I'll withdraw this patch and submit another one to tweak the
comments in lib/gdb.exp to explicitly say the pattern arg is optional.