This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch 1/3] make prompt_for_continue call throw_quit directly
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Sandra Loosemore <sandra at codesourcery dot com>, gdb-patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 19:34:07 +0000
- Subject: Re: [patch 1/3] make prompt_for_continue call throw_quit directly
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56745D29 dot 504 at codesourcery dot com> <56745ED5 dot 9020309 at codesourcery dot com>
On 12/18/2015 07:30 PM, Sandra Loosemore wrote:
> This is the patch previously suggested by Pedro here:
> to fix a problem I ran into when testing on a remote Windows host via
> SSH without a terminal or job control. As Pedro said, when typing 'q'
> in response to a pagination prompt, there's no possibility of a SIGINT
> so we can bypass the parts of quit() handling that are intended to
> intercept ^C instead.
> I confirmed that this fixes the bogus quit message I observed previously
> on Windows host, and did full regression testing on Linux host for
> nios2-linux-gnu target.
> OK to commit?
OK. Could you add a little comment to prevent someone from deciding later
that we should using quit() instead?