This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH v7 3/8] Use xml-syscall to compare syscall numbers in arm_linux_sigreturn_return-addr.
- From: Antoine Tremblay <antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>, Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 08:25:39 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v7 3/8] Use xml-syscall to compare syscall numbers in arm_linux_sigreturn_return-addr.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1449583641-18156-1-git-send-email-antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com> <1449583641-18156-4-git-send-email-antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com> <86io45ql3x dot fsf at gmail dot com> <566ABA91 dot 5000508 at redhat dot com> <566ABB44 dot 3080004 at gmail dot com> <566ABC0C dot 10101 at redhat dot com> <566AC23B dot 6060800 at ericsson dot com> <566AC5EA dot 4090204 at redhat dot com> <566AC9F2 dot 8090906 at ericsson dot com> <566ACDA2 dot 1060200 at redhat dot com>
On 12/11/2015 08:20 AM, Pedro Alves wrote:
On 12/11/2015 01:04 PM, Antoine Tremblay wrote:
From that, it seems to be that Aarch64 64-bit doesn't even
have __NR_sigreturn. The one we see above is in unistd32.h,
which should mean it's only included when compiling 32-bit code.
So it seems like if you tried to reference __NR_sigreturn on
Aarch64, you'd get a build failure.
Note there are Aarch64 Ubuntu machines on the gcc compile farm.
Yes, one would need to use the _compat_ version I guess.
I'm still waiting for my request to the compile farm to be approved... :(
I do plan to buy an aarch64 however, not sure which one yet if ever
anyone has experiences/suggestions on that ?
But, it's moot if we do hardware stepping.