This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH v7 0/8] Support software single step and conditional breakpoints on ARM in GDBServer.
- From: Antoine Tremblay <antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com>
- To: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 11:02:12 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v7 0/8] Support software single step and conditional breakpoints on ARM in GDBServer.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1449583641-18156-1-git-send-email-antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com> <86poyeqopn dot fsf at gmail dot com>
On 12/10/2015 10:59 AM, Yao Qi wrote:
Antoine Tremblay <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
In this v7:
* New patch 3 changes magic numbers for syscall check to numbers computed
* Patch 4 now uses the new xml-syscall function to compare syscalls.
It also uses the INT_REGISTER_SIZE and ARM_PC_REGNUM defines.
* Patch 5: Fixed Makefile changelog.
* Patch 6:
** Cleanup where arm-get-next-pcs.h is included.
** Move unrelated functions and macros from arm-get-next-pcs.h/.c to arm.h/.c.
** Fixed arm/thumb_deal_with_atomic_sequence calls.
** Fixed changelog Makefile entries.
** Fixed changelog configure.tgt/srv entries.
** Use __NR_sigreturn and __NR_rt_sigreturn to check for sigreturn syscall
Hi Antoine, thanks for the update...
FYI, I am reviewing your patches and trying to run various regression
tests for them. Even without your patch series, there is a regression
(in gdb.base/advance.exp) in aarch64 mutli-arch debugging that is,
breakpoint on main isn't hit when aarch64 GDBserver debugs arm program
in arm mode (everything works fine if the arm program is in thumb mode).
I suspect that it is related to my recent patch turning Z0 packet on for
aarch64 mutli-arch debugging. I really want to clean the room first
before we add news things in, so I'll fix the regression first, and then
come back to review your patches.
Sure, thanks for letting me know.