This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH v7 0/8] Support software single step and conditional breakpoints on ARM in GDBServer.
- From: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- To: Antoine Tremblay <antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com>
- Cc: <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 15:59:32 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v7 0/8] Support software single step and conditional breakpoints on ARM in GDBServer.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1449583641-18156-1-git-send-email-antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com>
Antoine Tremblay <email@example.com> writes:
> In this v7:
> * New patch 3 changes magic numbers for syscall check to numbers computed
> from xml-syscall.
> * Patch 4 now uses the new xml-syscall function to compare syscalls.
> It also uses the INT_REGISTER_SIZE and ARM_PC_REGNUM defines.
> * Patch 5: Fixed Makefile changelog.
> * Patch 6:
> ** Cleanup where arm-get-next-pcs.h is included.
> ** Move unrelated functions and macros from arm-get-next-pcs.h/.c to arm.h/.c.
> ** Fixed arm/thumb_deal_with_atomic_sequence calls.
> ** Fixed changelog Makefile entries.
> ** Fixed changelog configure.tgt/srv entries.
> ** Use __NR_sigreturn and __NR_rt_sigreturn to check for sigreturn syscall
> in GDBServer.
Hi Antoine, thanks for the update...
FYI, I am reviewing your patches and trying to run various regression
tests for them. Even without your patch series, there is a regression
(in gdb.base/advance.exp) in aarch64 mutli-arch debugging that is,
breakpoint on main isn't hit when aarch64 GDBserver debugs arm program
in arm mode (everything works fine if the arm program is in thumb mode).
I suspect that it is related to my recent patch turning Z0 packet on for
aarch64 mutli-arch debugging. I really want to clean the room first
before we add news things in, so I'll fix the regression first, and then
come back to review your patches.