This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] gdb.base/async.exp: Handle "asynchronous execution not supported"
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Kevin Buettner <kevinb at redhat dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2015 10:13:07 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] gdb.base/async.exp: Handle "asynchronous execution not supported"
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20151207232255 dot 15b0c35e at pinnacle dot lan> <20151208080124 dot GA2712 at adacore dot com> <20151208131702 dot 00048638 at pinnacle dot lan>
On 12/08/2015 08:17 PM, Kevin Buettner wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Dec 2015 09:01:24 +0100
> Joel Brobecker <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> You might want to escape the period you're trying to match
>> at the end of the sentence. Other than that, LGTM.
> Fixed in new patch. (See below.)
> I've addressed Pedro's concerns too.
>> Looking at this, would it be possible in this case to replace
>> the send_gdb/gdb_expect into test_gdb_multiple? I'm not really
>> sure, because of the async nature makes ordering of the output
>> relative to the gdb_prompt different from usual, and thus perhaps
>> outside the scope of what test_gdb_multiple is capable of doing...
> I don't know the answer to this either. I'll defer to someone
> who knows more about this than I do.
I think I recall trying gdb_test_multiple for 884e37dc, but not sure.
The prompt matching within gdb_test_multiple will definitely be the
thing to watch out for.
> Here's an updated patch...