This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
RE: [PATCH v1] Intel(R) MPX registers to the DWARF enumeration.
- From: "Tedeschi, Walfred" <walfred dot tedeschi at intel dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: GDB <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 08:29:11 +0000
- Subject: RE: [PATCH v1] Intel(R) MPX registers to the DWARF enumeration.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1445864086-4831-1-git-send-email-walfred dot tedeschi at intel dot com> <1445864086-4831-5-git-send-email-walfred dot tedeschi at intel dot com> <20151206163527 dot GA4819 at adacore dot com> <CAMe9rOqaj154UnzTX1GHPMtKpFdWRmk2BwwTMJi1esyXQXpPAw at mail dot gmail dot com>
HJ and Joel,
I suppose those registers were in on an older version of the ABI. However, I see no need for the DWARF registers as well.
Will implement as in the new document; they will be out.
Thanks and regards,
From: H.J. Lu [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Sunday, December 06, 2015 6:42 PM
To: Joel Brobecker
Cc: Tedeschi, Walfred; GDB
Subject: Re: [PATCH v1] Intel(R) MPX registers to the DWARF enumeration.
On Sun, Dec 6, 2015 at 8:35 AM, Joel Brobecker <email@example.com> wrote:
>> Add registers as defined in the ABI adapted for MPX.
>> As presented at:
>> 2013-05-06 Walfred Tedeschi <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>> * amd64-tdep.c (amd64_dwarf_regmap): Add mpx registers.
>> * amd64-tdep.h (amd64_regnum): Add mpx registers.
> Small nit: should we spell "MPX"?
> BTW - the ABI document reference above seem to only indicate registers
> 126-129 as "reserved" rather than bound registers 0-4.
> Is that normal?
We used to have DWARF register map for bound registers. But it was determined that it isn't needed. If it isn't true, we need to revisit it.
Intel Deutschland GmbH
Registered Address: Am Campeon 10-12, 85579 Neubiberg, Germany
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Christian Lamprechter
Chairperson of the Supervisory Board: Nicole Lau
Registered Office: Munich
Commercial Register: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 186928