This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH v3 1/2] gdbserver: set ptrace flags after creating inferiors
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Josh Stone <jistone at redhat dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Cc: philippe dot waroquiers at skynet dot be, sergiodj at redhat dot com, eliz at gnu dot org, xdje42 at gmail dot com
- Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2015 12:16:13 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 1/2] gdbserver: set ptrace flags after creating inferiors
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1448506425-24691-1-git-send-email-jistone at redhat dot com> <1449196006-13759-1-git-send-email-jistone at redhat dot com>
Thanks for the update, and thanks for the new test.
On 12/04/2015 02:26 AM, Josh Stone wrote:
> 2015-12-03 Josh Stone <email@example.com>
> * gdb.base/catch-static-fork.exp: New.
Nit, to me, "catch-fork-static.exp" would be more natural.
As it reads as something about either "catch static" or
about a "static fork".
> +gdb_test "run" "Catchpoint \[0-9\]* \\(forked process \[0-9\]*\\),.*" \
> + "run to fork"
Please avoid hardcoding the "run" command:
gdb_test "" \
"Catchpoint \[0-9\]* \\(forked process \[0-9\]*\\),.*" \
"run to fork"
Even though "catch fork" currently doesn't work with plain
"target remote", which doesn't do "run", there are patches pending
to make it work. With this change, this test should then work
with --target_board=native-gdbserver too.
OK with that change.