This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH v4 3/6] Refactor arm_software_single_step to use regcache.
- From: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- To: Antoine Tremblay <antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com>
- Cc: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>, <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2015 14:37:11 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 3/6] Refactor arm_software_single_step to use regcache.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1449062264-18565-1-git-send-email-antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com> <1449062264-18565-4-git-send-email-antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com> <86egf3u8py dot fsf at gmail dot com> <56603F64 dot 6050906 at ericsson dot com>
Antoine Tremblay <email@example.com> writes:
> Unfortunately we do for the syscall_next_pc target dependent call.
> The reason I did not change syscall_next_pc for regcache is that this
> would require the implementation of a syscall_next_pc that is not
> using the frame unwinders and directly inspects the stack for multiple
> This would need to be done for arm, mips, nios2, and tix6x.
> software_single_step would also have to be adapted for mips, nios2 and
> tix6x for this new api.
We don't need to touch targets other than arm. syscall_next_pc is a
function pointer in struct gdbarch_tdep in arm-tdep.h.
/* Target-dependent structure in gdbarch. */
/* Return the expected next PC if FRAME is stopped at a syscall
CORE_ADDR (*syscall_next_pc) (struct frame_info *frame);
we can change frame to regcache.
The indentation looks odd in my mailer, if it is right to you, that is
fine. Maybe, my mailer doesn't show the code format correctly.