This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] [arm] Fix regression by Do not skip prologue for asm (.S) files
- From: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- To: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2015 09:36:47 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [arm] Fix regression by Do not skip prologue for asm (.S) files
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1436261990-20094-1-git-send-email-yao dot qi at linaro dot org>
Yao Qi <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Patch "Do not skip prologue for asm (.S) files"  changes GDB's
> behaviour on which test gdb.arch/thumb-singlestep.exp depends, so
> it causes the fail below:
> (gdb) si^M
> 37 blx foo^M
> (gdb) FAIL: gdb.arch/thumb-singlestep.exp: step into foo
> the test assumes the program will stop at the instruction after "push"
> but it doesn't. The fix to this fail is to do one more single step.
> I'll push it in.
>  https://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2015-06/msg00561.html
> 2015-07-07 Yao Qi <email@example.com>
> * gdb.arch/thumb-singlestep.exp: Do one more single step.
I pushed it to gdb-7.10 branch too. Since it is a test case fix, I
didn't create a PR in bugzilla for it.