This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH v3 06/10] Replace breakpoint_reinsert_addr by get_next_pcs operation in GDBServer.
- From: Antoine Tremblay <antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>, <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 08:50:31 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 06/10] Replace breakpoint_reinsert_addr by get_next_pcs operation in GDBServer.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1448287968-12907-1-git-send-email-antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com> <1448287968-12907-7-git-send-email-antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com> <5656E3FF dot 90909 at redhat dot com>
On 11/26/2015 05:50 AM, Pedro Alves wrote:
On 11/23/2015 02:12 PM, Antoine Tremblay wrote:
In this v3:
* Changed get_next_pcs signature.
* Remove common/get-next-pcs.h file.
* CORE_ADDR is now in linux-low.h temporarely.
This patch in preparation for software single step support on ARM. It refactors
breakpoint_reinsert_addr into get_next_pcs so that multiple location can be
When software single stepping there can be multiple possible next addresses
because we're stepping over a conditional branch instruction for example.
The operation get_next_pcs handles that by returning a vector of all the
possible next addresses.
Software breakpoints are installed at each location returned.
Thanks for doing this. This interface does look cleaner to me, and a
more direct mapping C++ (so easier to clean up in the future).
Indeed thanks for the idea!
+/* Install breakpoints for software single stepping. */
+install_software_single_step_breakpoints (struct lwp_info *lwp)
+ int i;
+ CORE_ADDR pc;
+ struct regcache *regcache = get_thread_regcache (current_thread, 1);
+ VEC (CORE_ADDR) *next_pcs = NULL;
I think this should be freed with a cleanup.
+ pc = get_pc (lwp);
+ next_pcs = (*the_low_target.get_next_pcs) (pc, regcache);
+ for (i = 0; VEC_iterate (CORE_ADDR, next_pcs, i, pc); ++i)
+ set_reinsert_breakpoint (pc);
Single-line statements don't get braces.
Done, learning the style :)