This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 08/18] gdbserver resume_stop handling bug
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 15:12:26 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 08/18] gdbserver resume_stop handling bug
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1444836486-25679-1-git-send-email-palves at redhat dot com> <1444836486-25679-9-git-send-email-palves at redhat dot com> <83a8rlxv6v dot fsf at gnu dot org>
On 10/14/2015 05:37 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> From: Pedro Alves <email@example.com>
>> Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 16:27:56 +0100
>> infrun: Thread 1639.22253 executing, already stopping
> This is bad English. Suggest to change to "already stopped".
In this case, "already stopped" would be misleading, as the thread
isn't really fully stopped yet. This is logging the process of
stopping all threads, conveying "already in progress of being stopped".
IOW, "Thread foo is executing, and we're already stopping it".