This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: off-trunk gdb.fortran/dwarf-stride.exp no longer PASSes [Re: [PATCH 0/2] fort_dyn_array: Enable basic Fortran dynamic array support]
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Keven Boell <keven dot boell at intel dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 23:36:19 +0100
- Subject: Re: off-trunk gdb.fortran/dwarf-stride.exp no longer PASSes [Re: [PATCH 0/2] fort_dyn_array: Enable basic Fortran dynamic array support]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1435754532-17922-1-git-send-email-keven dot boell at intel dot com> <20151027212831 dot GA3058 at host1 dot jankratochvil dot net> <20151027212954 dot GA19347 at host1 dot jankratochvil dot net> <20151028161907 dot GB4009 at adacore dot com>
On Wed, 28 Oct 2015 17:19:07 +0100, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> Possibly, but I don't know. Keven, can you take a look, please?
Apparently the VLA patchset is not yet checked-in completely, for example the
off-trunk patchset formerly contained:
attr = dwarf2_attr (die, DW_AT_string_length, cu);
- length = DW_UNSND (attr);
+ if (attr_form_is_block (attr))
but current FSF GDB HEAD does not yet recognize attr_form_is_block for
DW_AT_string_length at all so it just cannot work yet.
I will have to apply only remaining parts of the former off-trunk patchset but
that is sure off-topic for upstream GDB.