This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix inconsistent breakpoint kinds between breakpoints and tracepoints in GDBServer.
- From: Antoine Tremblay <antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>, <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 11:21:37 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix inconsistent breakpoint kinds between breakpoints and tracepoints in GDBServer.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1445526373-6168-1-git-send-email-antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com> <5628FE0C dot 5090309 at redhat dot com>
On 10/22/2015 11:17 AM, Pedro Alves wrote:
On 10/22/2015 04:06 PM, Antoine Tremblay wrote:
This patch fixes a regression introduced by :
Tests : gdb.trace/trace-break.exp and gdb.trace/trace-mt.exp would fail on x86
Before this patch, the breakpoint kind set by GDB with a Z packet and the one
set in the case of a tracepoint would be inconsistent on targets that did not
implement breakpoint_kind_from_pc. On x86 for example a breakpoint set by GDB
would have a kind of 1 but a breakpoint set by a tracepoint would have a kind of
Bummer. :-/ But, wouldn't it work to make the default be instead:
default_breakpoint_kind_from_pc (CORE_ADDR *pcptr)
target_sw_breakpoint_from_kind (0, &size);
Indeed it would fixing.